Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Narrows of Zions National Park August 2006


Left to right is Bridget, me, Ellie, Mike, Rachel, and Chas. Zions offers free shuttle rides up and down the canyon to its 3 million visitors each year. Right after this shot I realized I didn't have my keys on me so we had to get off and backtrack, finding them in the grass near where we parked, phew!



The most famous hike in Zions, the Narrows is a trail mostly in the water fighting a current as you make your way through the spectacular canyon full of photo opportunities. Blisters soon set in and the sun was scarce due to the depth of the canyon.

We found several opportunities to play in the water. Just before turning around we found a place where we could jump off a rock into a deep pool. We got quite chilly because the sun had no chance of reaching us.

No comments: