Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon July 2006


I've done a lot of hiking this summer mostly with my friend Mike whom I met at the LDS Business College and with whom I play hockey. On this trip up the canyon my friend Ellie joined us. When you do a day hike in the dry heat of the Wasatch Front water is an issue because you don't want to run out deep in the mountains. Fortunately Mike had a portable water filter which allowed us to have drinkable water whenever we found a stream.


This particular hike didn't lead to anything spectacular. After half a day, we sat down, enjoyed a few MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) which we heated with Mike's portable stove and then doctored some blisters before heading back down the trail. I'm wiping sweat off my face and Ellie is doctoring her foot. It was so hot that I was determined that the next hike would at least end with a lake.

No comments: